The offender may be released on bond after arrest while awaiting trial. If you are afraid, you should contact a sexual assault counselor to discuss your fears and options.
Crime victims can register with the Connecticut Department of Correction to receive notification when their offender is discharged from bond or released on promise to appear. Crime victims who wish to receive notification should call the Department of Corrections Victim Services Unit at (888) 869-7057 for more information. They can also fill out the Confidential Request for Notification of Status of Inmate form (available online: and fax it to the Department of Correction at (860) 692-7867.